Through our Identive Infrastructure division, Identive offers the world’s broadest range of contact, contactless and mobile smart card reader and terminal technology, digital identity and transaction platforms, as well as solutions that integrate physical and logical access control. Additionally, we are a leading provider of commercial digital media readers to the worldwide photo kiosk market.
Identive’s smart card-based products and solutions are utilized around the world to enable security and identification applications, transaction systems, eHealth- and eGovernment programs and physical access systems. We also offer a range of smart card-based security, productivity and time recording solutions for small and medium-size businesses under our retail CHIPDRIVE® brand.
Identive’s ID Infrastructure division has more than 400 distribution partners and customers in more than 50 countries worldwide, including major PC OEM smart card manufacturers, system integrators, banks, security application providers, government agencies, distributors, and value added resellers.
Security & Identity Solutions
- Identive leverages our single-chip smart card interface solution for integration into PCs, keyboards and other devices as well as within our own dedicated reader/writer products. Identive’s interface chips feature embedded flash for secure and convenient firmware upgrade in the field.
- Our contact smart card reader portfolio supports all relevant host interfaces as well as all major operating systems. In addition, readers support the ISO standardized Smart Card Interface ISO/ICE 7816 (T=0 and T=1). EMV compliant cards as well as memory cards are supported up to 344 kbps transfer speed.
- Identive’s contactless and dual-interface readers support applications such as authentication, physical and logical
- access, public transport, electronic ID, and others. The devices support ISO/IEC 14443.
- Identive’s secure terminals are used for smart card-based applications requiring high security, such as eHealth, eID and Point-of-Sale (PoS).
- Our Physical Access Control Terminals (PACT) support all international standards for access control systems.
- Identive offers a range of demo kits and SDKs for software and application developers as well as for system integrators.
Digital Media & Connectivity Solutions
- Identive provides commercial digital media reader technology to major manufacturers of digital photo production
- equipment for the worldwide photo kiosk market.
- Identive’s digital media readers comply with the requirements of administrations, organizations and companies for all common digital memory cards. Additionally, we provide custom software and firmware where requested.
- Our modular reader drive concept helps customers reduce repair costs by eliminating the need for a technician and significantly reducing the downtime of the kiosk.
- CHIPDRIVE-branded packages for SMEs and individuals offer affordable, customizable solutions for smart card-based time recording and business productivity, as well as security, identification and eCommerce.
- CHIPDRIVE solutions include smart cards for the authentication of individuals such as employees; card readers/terminals for both fixed and mobile, contact and contactless environments; and highly sophisticated software to enable PC-based productivity applications such as clock in/clock out, time recording, network logon and password management.
- CHIPDRIVE Time Recording, DriverCard and MyKey@ solutions are offered through major retailers.
Identive’s ID Infrastructure division operates globally, with headquarters in Ismaning, Germany. The Company also has a dedicated research and development facility in Chennai, India and maintains regional sales offices in Santa Ana, USA, Tokyo, Japan and Hong Kong.
Identive is committed to conducting business in a manner consistent with the efficient use of resources and materials, and the protection and preservation of the natural environment for future generations.
Through a policy of continuous improvement, the implementation of environmental management programs, and the setting of targets and objectives, Identive strives to meet and exceed all relevant environmental laws, regulations and agreements in reference to its activities, products and services.
Regional Sales Offices
Santa Ana, California
Research & Development
- Contact smart card readers and modules (ISO/IEC 7816)
- Contactless and NFC reader and modules (ISO/IEC 14443)
- Dual Interface reader and modules (ISO/IEC 7816 & ISO/IEC 14443)
- Physical access control terminals
- CHIPDRIVE security, productivity and time recording solutions for SMEs
- ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits)
- Development and Demo Kits
- Digital smart media reader for photo kiosks